Saturday, January 5, 2008

The Pile-up

OK, so I don't usually post to our blog, but Allison just wouldn't be able to explain this like I can. Yesterday was an interesting day...to say the least. Roy and I were driving from one site to the next. We had just left our site at Anthem and were travelling north on Eastern. We were in the right lane and came upon a line of cars stopped behind a city CAT bus stopped at a bus stop. We were just entering the intersection of Coronado Center and Eastern. I came to a stop and so did the guy behind me. We were stopped at a green light with cars in front of us. Due to my paranoia of rear end collisions, having been in many that I myself have caused, I saw the red car coming. I saw this in my rear view mirror through the windows of the vehicle behind me. She was MOVIN'! Let's show the aftermath in reverse order so as not to ruin the last picture which is by far the best:

First pic - Me - not bad, not my car, no real damage, not that exciting:


Car behind me - some guy - plowed into me, kinda busted up, not too bad, couple grand maybe, AHHH GUSSSHHHHH!!!

Rear of the car behind me - same guy, back side - that ain't good, that's pretty busted up, several grand, how's your spare tire-won't be opening the rear gate, AHHHHHHHH GGGGUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

And, the cause of the accident - red car third in line - ramming speed, 80 foot skid marks, that's gonna leave a mark, that hood might not close right, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!



Thankfully everyone was ok. And, just when you think the worst was over, what did me and my boss have to do IMMEDIATELY following the crash - yep, you guessed it - Blood Alcohol Level and Drug test. 5 hours later we were able to return to the office. We were not able to operate the company vehicle until after the screening came back clean, even from the accident site to the clinic.....

Lesson learned - stay off of the...

2 comments:

Jerolyn said...

A~glad you weren't hurt
B~glad it was a company car
C~glad your drug test came back clear!!!

ps. especially A!

Tara said...

Glad no one got hurt...