Friday, January 18, 2008

Diego-Inspired Insomnia

I have this problem--for the last few nights or so, I have been laying in bed, staring at the ceiling. I just CAN'T SLEEP. It is very frustrating.

What is keeping me up at night, you might ask?

Is it who will I stand up for at tomorrow's presidential caucus? No.

Is it how am I going to get James to stop biting Chris and I? No (not yet.)

Is it me dreaming about my sister-in-law's soon-to-arrive baby? No. (He is almost here!)

It is simply the theme song to Go, Diego, Go!


For the LIFE OF ME I can't get it out of my head. Really. I hear it several times a day, because James is hooked, addicted, and completely under-the-spell of the show.

It is a great kid's show, but I am starting to HATE IT. In fact, I am thinking about the fact that when he loved Sesame Street I wasn't going around humming the theme song to it all day. When he loved Curious George, I wasn't singing the theme song in the mirror to myself when I fixed my hair in the morning. And when he was hooked on Thomas, I definitely wasn't DANCING to it in the kitchen while I made James' breakfast.

So, here is my thought. If I share this fact with you, my family and friends, if I post the lyrics here on my blog for all to see, maybe I will get some peace tonight.

So here you are. Enjoy!


Go Diego Go!

Deep inside the jungle where nature's runnin' wild
Comin' to the rescue is a very special child

Talkin' to the animals and swingin' from a vine

This rough and tough adventurer is workin' all the time

Diego… Diego… Diego… Go, Diego, Go!

Alicia’s on a mission; we’re all goin' for a ride
Diego's on the road with baby Jaguar by his side

Discovering together; yeah, we're always havin' fun

Helping out each other is good for everyone
And there goes Diego… Diego… Diego… Go, Diego, Go!

2 comments:

Gini said...

Oh how we love Diego over here!!! Maybe you should switch over to Dora for a while....sometimes Diego even shows up on Dora!

AmyFerg said...

Who is Diego?

And have you ever tried listening to it backwards? Just kidding. At least he doesn't sleep-walk-talk-sing in the night... yet.