Friday, June 12, 2009

A is for Alligator

Here is a fun craft that we are going to do for our alphabet comprehension.
We did the letter A yesterday.


Materials:
scissors
markers
card stock
cardboard
colored or scrapbooking paper
googly eye
gluestick
tape



When we craft I try to reuse materials so that my out-of-pocket expenses are minimal.

James' grandpaw sent him a book in the mail the other day and
the cardboard that he packaged it in was perfect for this idea.

First I drew an A about 5" high on bright yellow cardstock and cut it out. I asked James if he thought the alligator should be eating the A and he said yes and got very excited.

Next I free handed an alligator shape on the cardboard.


I let James go to town on the alligator with a glue stick.
Next, he placed little triangles that I had cut out of scrapbook paper all over the alligator.


Then he glued on a googley eye, and pasted the A in the alligator's mouth.


A few final artistic flourishes,


and VOILA!



Hmmm . . what shall the B be for?

2 comments:

Heather said...

B should definitely be for birds!

CC said...

CUTE!!!!!