Sunday, June 28, 2009

Happy 3rd Birthday James!

Our little boy turns 3 years old today.


My, how time flies.

* * * * * *

Dear James,

You are so sweet, and inquisitive, and funny!

You are enchanted with the outdoors, and all things boy--
playing in the dirt, riding your "motorcyle"
watching caterpillars and chasing dragonflys.

Your favorite things to eat are anything
from Shady Glen or Fat Boys or Augie and Rays--
(and let's not forget the doughnuts!)

You love books and our storytime together,
learning new words and phrases,
What boy your age says "Certainly so!"

You may stomp at her for playing with your toys,
but as you say it,
"Baby Sister Ella is my BEST friend."

Your Dad is your hero, teaching you about tools,
and hard work, and inspiring in you a love of old cars.
I watch you look at him with such a look of
adoration that it melts my heart.

Every night no matter what
we have our special time together, reading books
and taking an adventure (or two, or three) before bedtime.
I get to cuddle you every word along the way,
just like I did when you were a baby.

You have a glow about you that turns any gray day sunny.
We are so lucky to know you, and love you,
and share you with the world.

We love you,

Mommy, Daddy & Baby Sister Ella


Happy Birthday James!

7 comments:

A New England Life said...

Happy 3rd Birthday James!

I wish the weather could be a bit better for his special day : (

Funny how I remember when reading Goodnight Moon was all it took to make my girls happy. I would give anything to go back, especially for my almost 16 year old. These days are tougher than I ever dreamed possible.

Like you I tried so hard to cherish all the special moments. And take plenty of pictures.

Liz said...

That is a great entry - Happy Birthday, Jamesie!!!

TeresaR said...

Hope your third birthday is as wonderful as you are, James!!

Redhead in Vegas said...

Happy, Happy Birthday, James!

Jayne said...

Awwww.... how sweet! Happy Birthday James!

Maggi said...

What a sweet baby and such a handsome young boy he is now! Happy birthday!

Kelly said...

...beautiful. He will treasure it when he has children of his own!! I miss reading to Matty every night. Story time is a treasure. Sounds like it is for you too!