Friday, March 21, 2008

Have A Good Friday!

I can't even begin to express how excited I am to have today off! Thank you Institute for Caregiver Education!

Why am I excited? Because today is the playgroup's Easter Egg Hunt and Potluck! Normally I don't attend these functions because they are at noon, but we will be there today!

Also, I am taking the boy to see the Easter Bunny today! He went last year, and I am excited to compare the two photos together and see how much he has grown in a year.

With a day off, I plan to spend all of my time with James, elbows-deep in trains, duplos, alphabet blocks, toy cars and stuffed animals, and I can't think of anything more fun!


Oh, and here is a pic I couldn't resist taking of the Lidia's Pasta that I made on Wednesday. It was GREAT! Saute smashed garlic cloves, red pepper flakes and halved cherry tomatoes in a pan, boil some pasta and throw in some arugula (I only had spinach) into the pasta water in the last minute, drain and pour into the pan with the garlic and tomatoes, add grated Romano and voila! Instant YUM!


oops, my oven timer just beeped--it is 7:45 am and my fresh-baked banana bread is ready for breakfast! Gotta LOVE a day off!

1 comment:

Redhead in Vegas said...

can you please rub some of the amazing mom powder that you have on me? i made ryan batter blaster pancakes the other morning and i thought that i was the bomb. not really a fan of banana bread. maybe you could send some corn muffin magic this way.