Saturday, December 8, 2007

There's No Place Like Home

I was on a work trip last week and so I didn't have any time to post. I got back in to town at midnight last night after being delayed in Harrisburg, re-routed from Philly to Pittsburgh, practically losing my luggage and then finally scoring a first class seat for the 5 and a half hour flight home. OMG I have never been so happy to get HOME.

Anyhow, a few notes about what I missed this past week:

James spent the days at his Auntie Gini's house while his Daddy was at work. He must have been a busy boy, because he knows a ton more new words that he didn't know the week before. WAY TO GO AUNTIE GINI! Also, Gini posted some fun pics on her blog of Garrin and James getting into mischief and of Gino's amazing acrobatic ability. Check them out at http://www.taoofgini.blogspot.com/.

The new words added to his vocabulary this week? "Shoes," "up," "oh," and "out." Those were added to "Da da," "Mum," "pup-pup," "ball," "apple," Hi," "bye bye," "meow," "mmmm" and the letters a, o, e and s.

The best and worst moment for me last week while I was away? They happened at the same time. Chris sent me a voicemail where he is saying to James, "What is on your feet? What are those?" and James replies "shoose, shoose." I was so excited and proud, and then I immediately started bawling. I'll tell you what--being 3,000 miles away from your family and sitting alone in your hotel room crying SUCKS.


The week before last we had to get the house ready for our holiday party. I snapped some shots of the decorations. James wasn't too sure about the tree at first, but now he is just so curious about it. And, Bean likes to hang out under it, so he is constantly trying to crawl under it and play with her. Is she open to that? Ahhhh, NO.

Here is Chris and I at our party. Honey, can you try SMILING? Oh, or are you just thinking, "Uhh. . . it is midnight and my wife has to be on a plane in a few hours and I am going to have to clean fifty wine glasses."?


Who's on the phone James? Grandma?

Here is a little pic of the two pup pups.


I took these this morning. James is still fascinated with the tree.


And finally, a video for you. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Jerolyn said...

Your house looks BEE utiful and James is AD orabale!