Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Christmas Cookies!

James and I made our first cookies EVER together last night. He just loved it. All I had were green sprinkles and red hots, so they don't have all of the bells and whistles that some Christmas cookies have, but they sure were made with LOVE!


That is not . . . I repeat NOT a pre-packaged tube of cookie dough from the grocery store. (Back there on the counter. No--on the other side, in front of the cook book holder.) IT IS JUST A MIRAGE. Mom--try not to have a heart attack, LOL. I know, I know, no beaters for him to lick.


And if you happen to be noticing my 10-year-old cookie sheets that look like Chris uses them in the garage to collect oil under the cars--I am happily accepting brand new cookie sheets, Sil-pats and parchment paper for Christmas. (No, Chris--cookie sheets do not count as an appliance--you're safe.)

Nice apron! Hey--take it easy on the red hots!


Happy holiday cookie baking, everyone! (And YES! My famous holiday biscottis are absolutely, you-can-bet-on-your-life, totally HOMEMADE.)

5 comments:

Gini said...

That's my project for tomorrow.

Tara said...

What a big boy!
Great job, James!
If I pay for your flight this weekend, will you come and bake some gingerbread cookies for Auntie??? I'll pick you up in Windsor Locks.

Allison said...

He would love to come and bake some cookies for you!

Gini said...

OK, so the part in your post where you say - "NO, on the other side of the counter" - I was totally looking on the wrong side - how wierd!

Anonymous said...

I have an apron like that but I think my cookies come out better. If James was a girl I would send him a little baking set from the 1950s...