Monday, December 10, 2007

I Love Monday Mornings

NO- REALLY, I Do!

It just about killed me to be away from my blogging last week while I was in PA for work. As you know I am a prolific blogger--but day-long team meetings, dinners out and strategic planning had me absolutely whipped at the end of each day. Plus, I unsuccessfully tried to help a friend of mine at work to put together a MovieMaker movie of her son for his 2nd birthday party. I tried everyday after work for a flipping WEEK to get her movie together--only to be barraged with crazy error messages on her computer, slow-as-molasses uploading of pictures, corrupt song files and overall CHAOS. And--you KNOW me, I can't let a project go down in flames, but let me tell you, this one went down and in a BIG way. Sigh. Maybe next year we'll get it right, Fager. BTW--I HATE WINDOWS MOVIE MAKER. Just so you know. Wow. That felt good.

Onward. OK, where was I? Yes, I am back home and trying to settle back in after a week away. Being away from James and Chris was truly heartbreaking. I wonder at what point does the switch get flipped? You know, where you go from saying "OMG it just sucked being away from them for a week" to "God, it's Friday? I have to go back home to a bratty kid and a selfish husband?" Seriously, because that is what I am hearing these days from some folks. I just don't ever want that to happen. I can't see it ever happening where I look at a week work trip as a vacation away from my family. EVER. If you see me posting along those lines, call me and help me get myself straightened out.

So, I was very happy to get back into the routine of things. Wake up, come downstairs to the FABULOUS aroma of fresh-brewed coffee (thanks Chris!) check my work schedule for the day, check e-mails, make my to-do list, finish a few quick projects and check them off my to-do list, go upstairs with Chris to greet my gorgeous little boy, and share kisses and hugs with my two favorite men in the world before the one goes off to work. Love you, babe. Oh, I forgot to make you lunch today. SORRY. Stil love me? BTW we are having homemade beef stew and biscuits for dinner. Maybe that will make up for it.

Next? Get breakfast for James. And can I just say to the God of Toddler Appetites--thanks for giving my son back his appetite! After a month of picky eating, he ate two eggs and a whole piece of French toast, 1/2 of my whole wheat toast slice and a banana! And a whole sippy cup of milk!! YAY I am delirious with excitement!

How could I have left this face for a stinking week??? Oh, right--gotta pay the bills.


Then a few minutes clowning around together. I bet you are always wondering how I am able to keep a photographer who is taking spontaneous shots of life in our household through the day . . .


Next, I spend about two hours working while James plays with his cars and watches Arthur, Sesame Street and Curious George. New mothers working from home take note--if your son is curiously quiet during Elmo's World, when he is usually signing and dancing, GO CHECK ON HIM. You might find this:


And this:


Now, am I supposed to believe that the dogs chewed up this paper towel? What I can ascertain without a doubt is that my counter-surfing Rocco probably pulled it off of the counter, sucked all of the dried bits of scrambled egg, French toast and banana out of it before James took it and decided to make confetti.

Ahh . . nap time is here. A good three hours for more desk time. That's how our mornings roll here--and I love it!!

1 comment:

Chris said...

Great post babe....love you...