Sunday, December 23, 2007

Coming to Terms with My Mommy Body

I was talking with a friend last night about how hard it has been to lose all of the baby weight I gained with James. I have been able to do it, and then some, thanks to dedicated treadmill workouts and outside running and walking over the past year and a half--but for those you you out there who have had a child, or two, or three--you know that even though you can lose the pounds, your body isn't quite the same. Of course, I love James dearly, and I pretty much don't care what price my body may have paid for bringing him in the world--but still, sometimes I do wish I had the body I had before him.

What I try to say to myself is this--if I can be strong and fit, the rest will fall into place. As long as I can chase him around the house without getting winded; as long as I can throw him into the air as many times as makes him laugh like crazy; and as long as I can still fit through the door of the Thomas the Train playhouse to follow him inside--I am DOING GOOD!

And then I was thinking--what is the very best way to sabotage all of the work you have done? Hmmm . . that might be to make all of the following irresistibly-beater-licking-goodies for the holidays:

  • anise biscotti
  • chocolate chip pecan biscotti
  • double chocolate almond biscotti
  • cherry winks
  • dark chocolate peanut butter balls
  • Swedish wedding cookies
  • candy cane cookies
  • dark and white chocolate covered pretzels
  • cherry and apricot granola
Oh well--'tis the season for feasting--right?? And all of you moms out there--I think you are absolutely beautiful!

2 comments:

Jerolyn said...

Ditto Ditto and those treats you gifted to us last night OH SO YUMMY! My a$$ is getting bigger just thinking about them~but hey Girls gotta eat right???

Tara said...

OMG my mom made pistachio biscotti dipped in white chocolate...can't - button - jeans - too - tight....