Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Construction and Mustang Wrangling

James was a busy boy yesterday. His two major activities were tower building and horse wrangling.

Notice in the picture below--Tower 1 has just been completed. Every time he finishes a phase of construction he turns to us and says "Yaaaah!!!"



Tower 2 begins.


Reaching . . . reaching . . .

Tower 2 went through a number of attempts . . . look at the sheer CONCENTRATION!


Here he is scrutinizing his work:


"Yaaahh!!!" (I think that means he is happy with them!)


On to the next piece of business--wrangling this here mustang that his Mammy brought in from the back 40 (acres, for all you non-farm folk out there, LOL)


"I think I can, I think I can. Where's that durn stirrup?"


Almost--just gotta swing that leg on over ole Trigger's back (or is that Mr. Ed?).


Mission accomplished. (Note he is trying to push the little buttons in the horse's ears that make him clip-clop and whinny.) I LOVE that!


Check out my little Roy Rogers! (I'll get him loving horses, and theater, and reading, and singing show tunes, and painting and guitar playing IF IT KILLS ME!)

(That is, if his father doesn't get him wrenching on cars, ATV-ing, mountain biking, solving complex math problems, farting around in the garage and generally fixing things FIRST.)

No comments: