Friday, November 30, 2007

A Love Letter

No, not to James, not to Chris . . .

To my CLEANING LADY! I will keep her name anonymous, as I don't want to lose her to someone else who will write her a better love letter!

I hired her to come in and clean last month, and she was here again today. I don't have her on a regular basis--yet.

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways!

  1. You wipe down all of the switch plates in the house. I can honestly say that I have NEVER done that. It hadn't even occurred to me to do it until I saw you doing it!
  2. Last time you came, you cleaned the oven. I hadn't asked you too. The day before I had cooked my early Thanksgiving turkey and it had left a terrible mess in there. I didn't even know you had cleaned the oven until the next day, when I opened it and it was so spotlessly clean that I honestly thought that something was missing--like an oven rack or something!
  3. You Lysol-ed all of James' toys! Again--something that I have never done--even after we have had play dates with kids with runny noses!
  4. You swept the back patio--come on! I thought a housekeeper meant only that you clean the INSIDE of the house??!!
  5. You cleaned the 2" thick layer of dust from the top of the blades on my ceiling fans. Since it is getting cooler, they aren't running 24 hrs a day and so I could actually see the nasty dust on them. Uuhh . . how did you even get up there to do that???
  6. You used the upholstery attachment on the vacuum. HOLY CRAP!!! That has never even BEEN used! I watched you flip over ever couch cushion and vacuum underneath them, and then you vacuumed the cushions themselves! On two couches, a love seat and two chairs!
  7. You dusted all of the window ledges in the house--OMG I never do that either--I just pray that no one looks behind my window treatments!
  8. You emptied and Lysol-ed James' diaper pail--OK, SO not expected of you, but me likey!
  9. You cleaned out the refrigerator, used Windex on all of the clear shelving, you cleaned the veggie bins inside and out AND you reorganized everything (hold on to your socks on this one, Gini, Kimmy and Chris) you put every item with the label facing out!
  10. And here folks, is the number one reason why I LOVE my cleaning lady--you emptied Bean's litter box!! I think I might propose!!!!
XOXO Forever,

Allison

4 comments:

Gini said...

Dear Cleaning Lady - I will pay you more than what Allison is paying. I can pretty much guarantee you, since it sounds like you really enjoy your job, that I have 3 times the amount of s#@t, that you will take pleasure in cleaning up. Yes, it will probably take you all flippin' day just to do the downstairs, but whatever. Allison, if she would just stop blogging and working...for that matter, could clean her own house very easily. I on the other hand have three kids...........oh, that's right, I don't have a job. NEVERMIND.
XOXOX just the same, Gini

Jerolyn said...

I...think...I...just....Yes...yes..I did!!!! I need a smoke!

Chris said...

That is the funniest post ever, and response from Gini too.

Chris said...

You better be careful, I'm considering a proposal myself...