Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Greetings from the Pine Tree State

The next stop on our New England vacation was in Maine. I wanted to spend a few days with my Mom, Dad and sister Amy. We stopped in Bath where my mom's antique shop is and had a few family pics taken. Here are the proud grandparents with their first grandchild! Don't they look proud??!!


I have to say thanks a ton to my parents' friend Katherine for making the handsome red sweater that James has on. It is truly one of a kind and she has promised to type up the pattern (of course, because it is an ORIGINAL as it came out of her head). She is a fabulous artists! Thanks so much!

Here is the whole gang, including my sister Amy.


Later that Day Amy, Chris and James and I all went to downtown Brunswick for lunch at this great deli called the Big Top. We also wanted to go toy shopping at the Red Dragon, but they were closed. BOO HOO! Look closely in the pic--it is snowing!


James was so tired that later that day he took a nice long nap in our bed. Don't cha just love those Carhart overalls?


Here he is the next day playing with some dolls (I know Chris, but don't worry, he likes trucks too!) and my mom's beagle Bee (who also happens to be the shop mascot).


Amy and James and I having lunch at Maxwell's in Bath. Yeah- I know, I had James where that sweater two days in a row. What can I say? I love it! And now that we are back in Vegas it will probably be too small by the time he gets to wear it again!


We took a trip out to Pemaquid Point lighthouse for a little sightseeing.


Here I am being goofy with my sister. I still LOVE to embarrass her!!

A gorgeous pic of the lighthouse taken by my artsy hubby. (Who woulda thunk it?)

Ahh, the gorgeous, craggy coastline at sunset.

The way the holiday worked over Thanksgiving, we actually had to leave the day before Turkey Day because we had promised ourselves to Chris' sister Kimmy and her in-laws. I know my parents were disappointed, but awesome as they are they even sent us on our way with homemade applesauce for the next day's festivities! LOVE YOU MOM and DAD!!

3 comments:

Jerolyn said...

Oh how I would love your moms shop!

Denise said...

Thank you to Allison's parents for the wonderful applesauce (and for sharing your daughter with us)! Both were excellent additions to our Thanksgiving Day.

Gini said...

....and not one person wearing flip-flops - (sigh.....)