Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Google Whack-Attack


In all of my free time, (heh-heh) I have found myself to be thoroughly bitten by the Google-Whack game. You may recall a piece about this on the Today show a few years back. The idea is simply to enter two words into the Google search engine, without quotes, & or +.

You have succeeded when you can come up with just ONE query.

Here are a few examples of Google whacks that come up with the coveted ONE response:

headwears furlong

turboramjets flamed

frizzled departeds

funky swallowworts

There are literally hundreds of examples of Google whacks (which, of course, you can find at Googlewhack.com)

Now, it is my lunch break, and there are a million other things I should be doing during this hour, like downloading a Rowenta User's Manual to find out how to de-calcify my iron; scrubbing the pizza lunch leftovers off of James' booster seat; feeding the dogs (have I done that yet today?); picking recipes out for Friday nite's dinner with Mel & Gene and Sam & Joan; or printing out the photos of James that I have been promising to mail to my Mom for over a week . . .

Ah, NO, I think I'll just Google Whack for a little while longer . . .

I haven't come up with my own Google Whack yet, but I'll let you know when I do!

No comments: