Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Sorry to Get all POLITICAL On You . . .


We are just shy of a year until Election 2008. I was having an interesting conversation with a friend about how much of a role the media does or does not play in the election results. I have always tried to be well-informed on candidates platforms, but I am finding it more difficult this year. Is that because it is too early yet? Is it because I am so much busier? Is it because I feel lately that the Bush War Machine will never end? I don't know. On another board that I frequent, someone posted a site that helps you identify your ideal candidate. The site is: http://www.vajoe.com/candidate_calculator.html. I was amazed at the end of the little survey when my ideal candidate came up as Dennis Kucinich.

WHO?

I didn't even really
know anything about him! Well, I have been doing some research, and it looks like he could be a good bet afterall. But, with a year out from the election, and not even knowing his name, and being relatively well-read and listening to All Things Considered constantly, what does that say?

There is so much focus on Obama and Clinton (sorry, for all of you Republicans, I am admittedly not keeping up on your presidential options, other than that Law and Order cowboy guy.) that I think that the other candidates can't get their messages out. They can't get them out through all of that but Hilary is a woman and Obama is Black CRAP.


So, if you took the quiz and found out that Dennis might be the candidate for you, check out his website at http://www.dennis4president.com to learn more.

OK, I promise that my next entry will be about how adorable my son is, or how gorgeous my husband is, or how fabulous my cooking is. LOL

3 comments:

Jerolyn said...

That picture looks like a kid at the girls school~the monkey one~haha

Allison said...

That's TERRIBLE!! LOL

Life of a Banana said...

hu