Sunday, February 8, 2009

Kringle Goodness

I do love a great, homemade pastry dough. Sadly, my numerous attempts have come up short. So, I often have refrigerated pie dough in the house. Not the name brand stuff--I find that too sweet. I prefer the generic, and I have tried a number of store brands and have been equally happy with them all.

I wanted to make something fun and sweet for breakfast this morning. So, I Googled "What can I make for breakfast with refrigerated pie dough?"

Here was my heavenly answer:

A Kringle, my dear.


You can learn all about the history of this pastry here, as well as a traditional recipe on how to make it.

But, if you want a short-cut that yields a perfectly amazing, although not authentic result, go here. I added sauteed Granny Smith apples to mine. And do, do DO use water to bind the pastry edges together before fluting. I did not. Thus my Twitter update on my other blog, LOL.


And don't forget the Cabot Whipped Cream. Oh, so simple, and oh, such a gift with which to start my Sunday morning!

1 comment:

stephanie (bad mom) said...

I'm noticing you posted this at 6 am, but it is heartening to hear that you endorse premade pie dough. :)

The Kringle looks & sounds fabulous - sauteed Granny Smiths? I'm hoping the more great food blogs I read like yours, the more apt I'll be to get back in the kitchen...Thanks!