Tuesday, February 10, 2009

For the love of the Zzzzz

I can hear you saying, "Awwwwwwwwww!"
I know--this is just too sweet.



What you don't see here is the . . .
portable DVD player.

(sigh)

Okay, so a few weeks ago I was extolling the virtues of
my perfect life--
Ella, going to bed at 7pm and sleeping thru the night
just like her brother had done before her.

Shouldn't I LEARN by now not to open my
BIG MOUTH???

I think it was the very next night after that post that
Ella started getting up about 1am,
then again at 3am,
THEN AGAIN at 5am.

And then James would get up at his normal time,
5-freaking-30 am.

Did I mention that my husband leaves for work on Monday
and comes home on Friday?

Anyhoo--
I had pledged not to set up a tv in James' room
when we moved to the new house,
and I still haven't.

However, I am now faced with a dilemma.
How the heck can I squeeze in a single extra second
of blissful sleep for myself?

The answer?
You got it.

Hook up the portable DVD player,
get both kiddos in
one place, and fire up

Blues Clues,

Wall-E,

Cars,

or

ANY BABY EINSTEIN'S DVD THAT JAMES WILL STILL WATCH

and get myself
BACK TO BED!

p.s. If you know of a full-length
Blues Clues feature film
with a running time of at least
2 HOURS

PLEASE SEND IT MY WAY!

4 comments:

Auntie Amy said...

I love how they are both completely fixated on the screen!

Liz said...

I love that you plop your kids in front of the tv - just like the rest of us!!!!
phew!

Stephanie said...

I don't know, I think it's pretty brilliant.

Gini said...

We all do it.