Monday, May 19, 2008

My Baby Boy . . .


. . .is growing up TOO FAST.

With the baby due in August, I have been wanting to help move James from his crib to his big boy bed in his new room. To ease his transition, Chris put the toddler bed rail on James' crib (it also converts to a twin bed). Last night was our first try.

James wasn't too sure about it--he went to bed at 8pm and got up three times in 30 minutes. I gently put him back to bed each time and sat with him in his room until he fell asleep. He slept thru the night just fine.

Today he took both of his naps in his new "toddler"bed, and I just finished putting him down for the night in it as well. This time he only got up twice, and he cried a little.

Looks like he will be fine. I said to my Mom today that I am sure there will be many points in my life as a mother that there will be change to make that is easier on my children than it is on me. She agreed.

I know it was the right thing to do, with James' sister on the way. So why does my heart hurt so much?

4 comments:

Chris said...

because he's so cute, that's why...

Kim said...

Good answer, Chris. I feel ya, Allison. Matthew started sleeping in his own room on Saturday, and I MISS HIM!

Jerolyn said...

You're doing the right thing Allison even if your heart hurts...
my back hurts because Ellie is STILL smack dab in the middle of Darin and I!

Redhead in Vegas said...

it's hard to watch them go from babies to REAL toddlers. i keep looking at the pictures of ryan from last year when she was 4 months old and asking myself, "where did the time go?" James is such a cutey, he is going to be such a great big brother!