Here is the Meme topic:
5 Classes You Wish They Would Have Taught in School
1. Letting Go of the Guilt -- for me this translates into a number of things that keep me feeling guilty CONSTANTLY:
- not travelling back East to see my folks enough
- not going to seem my grandparents enough
- not attending playgroup enough
- not picking up that piece of trash that was next to my car in the parking lot yesterday
- using disposable diapers even though I know how bad they are for the earth
- eating a ton of hot dogs when I am not really supposed to be while preggo
- feeding James Munchkins from Dunkin Donuts three meals in a row (although somewhat unwittingly, as Chris gave them to him for lunch while I was out)
3. Your Mother is Always Right ALWAYS, so Don't Screw Around, LISTEN TO HER!!! --In the past ten years or so, I have developed a great appreciation for my mother's wisdom. I have come to realize, after kicking ad screaming and coming to my own conclusion that she is right about everything, it would have been so much easier to listen to her in the first place.
4. Knitting, Mandolin-Playing and Jewelry-Making -- it would have been so great if I had been able to learn these hobbies in school, rather than trying to pick them up myself.
5. You Know How to Change a Light Bulb and a Tire, So Don't become Dependent on your Husband to do It All the Time -- I think I have lost a little bit of my "stick-to-itiveness" and my "do-it-myself" capacities because I married a man who is the Mr. Fix-It Champion. I grew up on a farm, for Christ sake, I learned how to:
- drive a huge old farm truck stick
- pinch potato bugs
- weed a garden until you think your back will break
- haul 10 gallon buckets of water for half a mile to water horses
- pitch hay bales
- shovel miles of paths in the snow
- muck chicken coops
- tap trees for maple syrup sap
- harness up a team of ponies
- slaughter, boil and pluck chickens
Thanks for the Meme, Carey! It was fun!