Thursday, April 10, 2008

Drama

Oh, to have been born a man.

Most of you know that I am terrified of pre-pubescent girls, which is why it is ironic that I will be raising one myself.

I just don't like all of the drama that comes with them. And for someone that has a theater degree, that is also ironic, don't you think?

I have recently re-connected with an old friend that I went to school with from 3rd grade through graduation. When the other girls were becoming boy-crazy, we were still horse-crazy.

I just found out that she is mother to four little girls. OMG I think I would have a heart attack.

I asked her how she handles all of the drama that comes with little girls. She told me that "We go with the Anne of Green Gables philosophy: Sometimes it is better to be smart than to be pretty."



I'll have to keep that in mind--for my daughter, and for myself!

4 comments:

Gini said...

Give me a call later and I will tell you a bit of girl/boy drama that will knock your socks off - yup they are 10! Dammit, what are we in for?

grumpy papa said...

our little girl better not be all grungy like that broad

Amy said...

Is it Kristen? Just guessing. Anyhow, Green Gables is a part of my daily life. Have the dvds and even Avonlea. Eric just thinks its weird. And way too female.

But kindred spirits rock.
And Gilbert was super cute.

Allison said...

You know it, Amy--I had a HUGE crush on Gilbert! Yes, it is Kristen. Grumpy Papa--she will be in pigtails, petticoats and straw hats if I have anything to say about it.