Thursday, February 21, 2008

Random Thoughts

1. James has two new teeth coming in, on either side of his lower two front teeth. Can you see them? How could you not, with that freakin' HUGE SMILE????!!!


2. I am FREEZING MY PATOOTIE OFF! It must be related to being pregnant. I am usually wearing thick socks, two shirts, warm comfy pants and a sweatshirt at all times. In many cases, if you were to peek in on me, I would actually have the sweatshirt's hood on. This does not bode well for whenever we do move back East. (I can't bring myself to tell my New England friends what the temp is here today). Eh hem . ..68.

3. I have a regular OB check up today to monitor my new little boy or girl's progress. I am hoping to hear the heartbeat for the first time. I am also hoping that my little one is healthy! (Especially because I have given up choking down my four nasty prenatals a day.) I have done some research online and am going to ask the Doc. today about a prenatal vitamin called Primacare, that is supposed to be coated to make swallowing them easier and hopefully (blech) keep them down. Sorry if that's TMI!

4.I am into my second trimester and feeling pretty good. I have not gained a single, stinking pound. That worries me and thrills me at the same time. I am sure the pounds will come piling on later. Eeek!

5. I have been keeping to my goal of getting on the treadmill every other day. So far, so good.

6. Calling all Fresh and Easy fans! A new one is opening up close to our house. YAHOO!! The Grand Opening is today and they are giving away free F&E canvas shopping bags to the first 500 customers that come in. Argh! I am so torn that I can't fit it into my day!

7. Chris has been working really, really, really hard lately. A few days ago he had to work all day and all night. That was a tough one for James and Chris. They both missed each other terribly! It will be so nice for the new baby that Chris will be home every night, unlike when James was a newborn and Chris was out of state Mon.-Fri.

8. There is a Johnny Carino's restaurant open on our side of town. Ever been to one? It is Italian and YUMMY! I have been to a few when I was doing some work in Texas and I am thrilled that they are in the valley now. I am hoping to beg and plead and cajole Chris to take me there tomorrow night. (And we know the manager and he said we could eat for FREE.) YEAH, BABY!!!

9. Damn, Gini! Girl, you are way ahead of me in your Photoshop skills. I am coming after you, though. Don't you worry. And HEY! Did you finish those placemat pillow cases??? Let's see 'em!!

10. Oh yeah--and did I mention how much I love James? And how I am already concerned that he will think that I don't love him as much when the new baby comes? I taught him the word "cheeks" yesterday, and now I chase him around the house saying "I am gonna pinch those cheeks!" while he runs screaming and shrieking and laughing away from me. Does he know how much I really, truly, completely love him? Hope so!

1 comment:

Gini said...

Thanks for reminding me about the pillows!! I forgot.