Monday, August 2, 2010

Where Have I Been?

Wow! Summer is already half-way over and I have been loving my new, "no-commitment" philosophy that I adopted at the start of it. I decided not to enroll the kids in any summer classes, story-times, camps or anything that would be a regular commitment so that we would keep our days loose and wide open. The result has been spur-of-the-moment bike rides, trips to amusement parks, visits to friends' houses and impromptu fun projects of all kinds. Mostly it has meant that we have been so R-E-L-A-X-E-D. Ahhhhh . . . .

It has also meant that I have been enjoying playing with photo editing, both on Picnik and with Adobe Photoshop, and creating effects like these:


We have had some great play dates with my friend Katie and her girl Alexa:


I have enjoyed sewing, sewing and sewing like crazy! This headband was made by Flannery, but I am going to get her to show me how to do it (even if it means I have to kidnap her and chain her to my sewing machine to do it) ha ha ha . . .


Oh yes--and James has been enjoying his new pursuit--that of hermit crab husbandry.


And Ella? She is her crazy self, as usual. I posted on Facebook a few days ago:

"My Ella is a bull in a china shop. She whips food at her brother, laughs like a barmaid at her own farts, pinches her mother and screams like a banshee. But those curls! And that grin! And those cheeks! And that laugh! I ♥ my girl!"



On deck for today? Sewing a ruffle shirt for a friend, some Spin Art, courtesy of James' friend Hayden (a gift for James' birthday). Oh yes--and the invites for Ella' birthday party--which will be a Lemonade and Sunshine Social!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun and special summer you've been having! It sounds just like homeschooling! =) Please tell James I love his hermit crab. And if you're interested, there is a wonderful story called Gooseberry Park (by Cynthia Rylant...one of our favorite kid lit authors - her Henry and Mudge books are very dear) in which one of the main characters is a hermit crab!

Jayne said...

It's what summer SHOULD be all about! Glad it has been such a great month. :c)