Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A Little Piece of Heaven at Sandy Beach

We are lucky that about 20 miles away from us there is a nice lake called Crystal Lake. We were able to head out there yesterday and spend the afternoon at Sandy Beach. I love it because it is very clean, the water is warm and there are areas marked off "deep" and "shallow" so there is a great area for James and Ella.










Needless to say, this is our new beachy spot. Close to home, not too far of a drive, close parking, and it only cost us $5 to park. A good deal all around. I can't wait to head back!

7 comments:

Blogs said...

awwwww...we love the beaches too:) looks like they had a blast...how cute:)

Hannah said...

I love going to the beach! It looks like a great one!

Unknown said...

omg! That's my beach!! There is a neighborhood right across the street from there, Crystal Ridge. That is where Jay and I want to buy!!!!!!! How funny!!!!

(The house we loved, the house that drew us there initially is long gone - but you never know...)

I grew up on a lake (duh - The Raft!) and that is the closest I have come to finding the "same" for my kids!
LOVE IT!
I am absolutely giddy at your post right now!

Jayne said...

Love the first photo of Ella with the bucket on her arm like a purse! What a great beach to have so nearby. :c)

Allison said...

Liz--well you picked a great beach, for sure. Just my speed. Have I mentioned how much I adore that area? When we are ready to buy a home we will definitely be looking in the Ellington, Somers or Bolton area.

Anonymous said...

Beaches and kids go together like pj&j! Your kids look like they are having the time of their lives. Plus, the beach looks really clean...bonus.

Kristin said...

Looks like fun! I really should take my kids down to the beach before summer is over...they'd love it!

Also, regarding our question you left on my blog, a scorer (not sure if that's the right word??) is just something that makes nice, crisp folds in paper. I have a Fiskars paper trimmer and it came with a scoring blade, which makes a crease in the paper rather than cutting through the paper. You can make the folds without a scorer...it would just be a teensy bit more work.