Sunday, July 11, 2010

A July Visit to Grandpa's

We headed up to Maine this weekend to spend some time with my Dad and Sister Amy. Unfortunately we had wet weather, but we made the best of it! I think the highlight of the visit was when Dad and Amy took James down to the creek to go fishing. Dad fashioned James a fishing rod from a sapling like he did for Amy and I when we were little. The headed down to the creek in nice weather and on the way back got hid with a nice mid-summer downpour!

Just look at that smile on James' face. He LOVES his Grandpa! Ella as you can see is giving her new look to the camera, the one where she lowers her head and looks at you from beneath her eyelashes.

Here's Ell, Dad and I. Isn't my little sweetheart the cutest? And Dad just showers her with kisses. There's nothing quite like seeing your parent with your children. It's a very precious sight.


Here's Ella trying out her demure look:


And James being his regular goofball self:


Dad treated us to Maine lobstah and haddock on Saturday night, and my sister made us an old-fashioned chocolate sheetcake. What a feast!

We came home with a car loaded down with goodies, including a vintage folk art rocking horse, a ride-on plane from a dear family friend, tons of belated birthday gifts for James from his Auntie Amy, and some special items for Chris and I from Dad, including a beautiful painting of a Greyhound.

I meant to take more photos from around my childhood home, but the weather just did not cooperate. Maybe next time!

2 comments:

Jayne said...

These times are so very precious. Soak them up.

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos of your lovely family! It's so great your kids can spend quality time with your dad. Ella's demure look is darling!