Thursday, March 26, 2009

I Must Have / Make / Do This!

I have an old friend coming over for dinner on Saturday night. (Ha, not and OLD friend, but a friend who has been there forever.) Anyhoo, I love her to pieces and I will be making this JUST FOR HER!

Cream Cheese Pound Cake and Strawberry Coulis,
recipe and photo courtesy of Smitten Kitchen


I am also making her a new pasta recipe that I found and will share in a few days. Let's just say that it contains ditalini (I just love saying that--it makes me laugh and I am not sure why) broccoli and TONS of olive oil. YUM!

Here is a blog I frequent--I just love her artwork. You must check it out. Every day I visit I feel like I am getting a little present!

She draws whatever she purchased that day. There was a time in my life (ages ago) that I was deeply submersed in everything artistic. This blog reminds me that art doesn't have to be a big undertaking--you can find art in the every day. It also makes me think of my Dad. who for sometime in the 70s worked the third shift at Bath Iron Works, and would draw me a little picture and leave it for me on the fridge to find every morning.

That's a blog I love, one that reminds me of the simple of every day living, and recalls a bit of nostaligia. Check her out at Obsessive Consumption.

I am making a conscious effort to spend less time on the computer. I think that it has slowly begun to encroach on my free time--especially the mindless bits of time spent on Facebook. Fun? Yes. Have I reconnected with old friends? Yes. Would I rather be learning how to bake/cook/knit/garden from the blogs that I love? Yes.

However--I am somewhat addicted to this little online escape. (Hey, at least I can say that it is benefiting someone, right?)

Help end world hunger

And finally, in time for Easter, a very sweet little project that I will be jumping on this weekend:

Easter Eggs, photo and instructions at Vintage Chic Home

I discovered this blog and can't stop checking back. Love a great new Blogland find!

Let me know if you like these links--and if you make, bake, cook or play anything I have listed!

4 comments:

Sarah@VintageChic said...

I'm so thrilled to be featured!!!! Thanks so much!!! Your blog is so cute... love looking through it.

Cynthia @An Accomplished Woman said...

What great links! Thanks for your kind words and I love your blog... very cute.

Cynthia

Liz said...

I make a SLAMMIN' cream cheese pound cake - but I admit, I have no idea what that strawberry party is. :)

CC said...

I've been drooling thinking about that smitten Kitchen recipe. Let me know how it turns out!!