Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Autumn in Connecticut

This is my favorite season.


The trees burst in flame--red, orange, yellow, gold, copper and bronze.


The old stone walls meander through the fields, dotted with bales of hay ready to be taken back to the barn.


Old red barns come alive against the season's backdrop.


The lakes reflect the gorgeous foliage and bright blue sky.

Hillsides are dotted with horses, cows and sheep, busy looking for the last blades of summer grass.


The air is clean and crisp--sweater weather is approaching.


My first Autumn back in Connecticut and I am relishing every moment!

Photos courtesy of Google Images. I only WISH I was that good of a photographer!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I was going to say...holy cow those are awesome pictures. (I bet you could have taken them, though.) :)

Hollie said...

Sooo beautiful up there! It's still so hot down here in the south and definitely no changing of colors just yet.
I loved your "Let's Get Real" post. Sounds just like me!
Great blog and beautiful fam.

Kim said...

Love this time of year! Beautiful pictures!

Jerolyn said...

does it smell all fall like too???