Thursday, October 21, 2010

Pumpkin Picking with Grandpa in Maine


We visited with my Dad and my sister Amy in Maine last weekend. Dad had grown some pumpkins for the kids, and took them out in the garden to harvest them.


It was a sweet moment for me. I remember as a child Dad growing pumpkins for Amy and I; he would put a mason jar with water next to the pumpkins, cut a slit in the shell and run a piece of cheesecloth from the slit in the pumpkin to the water in the jar. Somehow this would make the pumpkins grow larger.

I love the look on James' face in this photo:


He gave Ella a smaller "pupin" as she calls them; she carried it around the yard all afternoon!


Here's a shot of Dad and Ella that I fooled around with in Photoshop--I think that the hazy quality really captures my nostalgic feelings while I look at it.


The foliage was amazing--Autumn is definitely my favorite time of year! Happy pumpkin picking!

4 comments:

Christy Killoran said...

Great pictures. So much fun!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you all had the most perfect time! I love the way toddlers mispronounce words. :)

Jayne said...

What sweet, sweet times!

Allison, I sent an email to your ashadytreeATgmail addy. Did you get it? I wanted to send James a little something. :c)

1 lucky mum said...

ahh your daddy is so sweet - a real grandpa
i love autumnal colours too soooo pretty