Monday, October 11, 2010

Let's Read

Reading is a FAVORITE pastime around here. James gets up every morning about 6am and reads in his room until it is time to head downstairs at 7. I don't know why it still surprises me every morning, but it still does.

After lunch he has quiet time in his room (this used to be his nap time) and reads.

We read before bed, too.

Here he is the other night reading one of the harder Thomas books his Grandpa gave him.


I get a little sad when I think about how I read to him almost every night from the time he was just a baby until he started to read on his own, and now he reads to me! That means that he is no longer my little baby boy anymore!

Here is Ella getting in on the reading action. She wouldn't let me even show here a book until a few months ago. In fact, if I put her on my lap with a book, she would SCREAM!!!! They are so different!



Here are my munchkins "reading" together!!!


OK, the truth is, Ella had just hopped up on the chair with her book when James abruptly left. He doesn't much like to share his reading with her!!

Too funny!

3 comments:

Christy Killoran said...

So cute. My three children are all so different too.

Jayne said...

I think an early love of reading goes a long way towards success in school, AND life. :c) It's so wonderful that he is so entertained by reading by himself at his age Allison.

Anonymous said...

They are like night and day, aren't they? But both so precious in their own special way!

Hope you've been having a lovely autumn; I just got back from a 5 week vacation and am still trying to catch up on everything. :)